Greater Franklin Chamber of Commerce
Franklin Railroad and Community Museum
Present: Brian Brock, Marc Burgin, Trish Tyrell, Ellen Curtis, Don Hebbard, Tom Briggs
June meeting minutes and Annual Meeting minutes were reviewed. Correction noted that monthly meeting was scheduled for July 27th and not the 28th. Ellen moved to accept the minutes, Brian seconded, motion carried. Brian provided checks received in the mail for memberships to Ellen.
- Pipeline(s)- A two-year extension was granted by FERC for the Constitution Pipeline project, with projected project completion date of December 2018.
- The 360 Virtual Tour of NOFD 2015 is now on Google Maps
- Auction of items from Dawn’s Deli occurred earlier this week on the 25th.
- Lambrech’s Auction house has online auctions now, with one showing of an estate in Franklin.
- Wise Guys Pizza will begin offering breakfast in August.
- Gone Local has expanded it’s inventory- both in fresh produce and shelf items.
- Next edition of NFR will focus on economic development of Franklin
We are in need of a correspondence secretary.
Calendar of Events:
New Old Franklin Day is scheduled for 8/27 from 9-4. A planning meeting is scheduled for 8/23 at the Franklin Free Library, 6pm.
Fall/Spring fundraiser to be decided and discussed at next meeting. Shop Local Saturday will be promoted locally. The Christmas Stroll is being headed by Lisa Heimbauer, who is hosting a meeting in the near future, and will secure homes for the Tour. Confirmation is needed that Jan Mulroy will be coordinating the Holiday Market in December.
New Old Franklin Day:
Events/Vendors included St. Paul’s pie sale, Library book sale, a number of other vendors (final number yet to be determined), Rotary will be grilling, there will be live music in the park, Fire Department will host open-house, and the Franklin Stage Co. will be putting on a play. Several local businesses will be open. Advertising in print, social media/website, radio stations. Trish will make signs for ends of Town, and Don will install them. Don will make restroom signs, which will be available at the Franklin CS, Franklin SC, and Railroad Museum. Both Ellen and Marc will be unavailable for the event.
Flags & Benches:
Bill for the flags was given to Ellen from Marc. Decided to reduce the pole size for flags next year. Volunteers had painted and repaired the benches that have been put out. Don followed up that stone under the benches is still a good idea to pursue- all agreed.
Wise Guys Pizza is still interested in getting support to change current dry laws and petitions are expected to be available next week.
August 31, 2016 at 7pm, Franklin Railroad and Community Museum